How To Install VIPER4Android on MIUI 9 (All Phones)
Xiaomi started rolling out MIUI 9 for Mi Phones from August 11th based on Android Nougat(7.0+). A lot of users are having a problem to install Viper4Android on MIUI 9 based phones (Mi 6, Mi 5X, Redmi Note 4X Qualcomm, Mi MIX, Mi Note 2, Mi 5, Mi 5s, Mi 5s Plus, Mi 5c, Mi Max 2, Mi Max 32G, Mi Max 64G/128G, Mi 4S, Mi 4c, Mi Note Pro, and Redmi 4X) . SELinux Policy changed from permissive to enforcing and broke the installation of Viper4Android.
This is an easy way and involves only a few steps and you will be enjoying Viper4Android soon. Keep in mind that you need to ROOT your phone to install the Viper drivers. Also, you need to install BusyBox apk which needs root access too. I have written each and every step carefully below along with the download links. This method will also work on MIUI 8 based on Android 6.0+ (Lollipop).
For those who don’t know about Viper4Android here is a small explanation about it. It is the mother of all Sound MODs like Dolby Atmos, Sony Music etc., It will provide you the best music experience on your device and supports various devices like Headset, USB Dock, Bluetooth and your Phone Speakers. You can increase Bass/ Treble, Surround Sound and so many options which you have never seen before.
Note: Installing this mod is like you are messing with your phone. If you don’t know how to root your phone there are a numerous number of guides on the internet please refer to them. I am not responsible if you damage your device or if your smartphone starts to bootloop.
Instructions to Install Viper4Android on MIUI 9
- Download FX version v126.96.36.199 (Android 4.0~7.0) apk file from here to your phone’s internal storage.
- Download Busybox apk file from here and install it on your phone just like you install Android applications. Open it click on “Install”. It will show a success message.
- Download Root Explorer apk file from here and allow root access to it by opening it.
- Download System App Remover from here and install it on your phone. That’s it no more downloads!
- Move the Viper4Android_FX_v2505_A 7.x_Nougat_IO_test_fix.apk to root/system/app and change the permissions to rwxr_xr_x.
- Now, in Root Explorer go to /system/vendor/etc directory and rename audio_effects.conf to audio_effects.conf.bak.
- Open System App remover and uninstall MusicFX app from there.
- Restart your phone and you will find Viper4Android in your apps list.Open it and it will ask you to install drivers. Click “Yes” and wait for some time until it asks you to restart your phone.
- Now restart the phone again. Open Viper4Android and go to Settings>Click on Enter Developer Mode. Click on Disable SELinux (this will temporarily disable SELinux until next reboot) to make Viper4Android work. If you don’t click it everytime you restart the phone the Viper won’t work.That means everytime you restart your phone you have to click on Disable SELinux for the Viper4Android to work.
Don’t worry! There is a workaround for this. Read this post- How To set SELinux mode to Permissive Permanently and enjoy!
Search tags: Viper4Android para MIUI 9, Viper4Android MIUI9
That’s it! Turn your music on and experiment with different options to find the best which suits you. If I helped you with this article consider sharing this article with your friends. Feel free to comment below!